Information Security Engineer
At Clarity, we pave the way to a seamless solution for healthcare document management for our clients, as they navigate through the evolving healthcare industry and increase member engagement.
- Competitive compensation.
- A full benefits suite including Medical/Dental & Vision plans.
- 401k with company match.
- A supportive and growth-oriented culture.
As the Information Security Engineer at Clarity, you will be an advocate for maintaining the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of Clarity’s platform. The individual will be responsible for protecting Clarity’s computer systems and networks, and support the performance, security, and maintenance of Clarity’s cloud-based application and infrastructure. The Information Security Engineer will work closely with the Compliance, Infrastructure, End User Support, and DevOps teams ensure Clarity remains in compliance and maintains the stature of a trusted partner.
- Design, deploy, and maintain information security systems, including intrusion detection/prevention systems, encryption tools, and antivirus software.
- Work with the team to develop and implement information security strategies, policies, and procedures to safeguard organizational data and systems.
- Conduct regular security assessments and vulnerability scans to identify and mitigate potential security risks and threats.
- Monitor and analyze security events and incidents, and participate in investigation, containment, and recovery efforts from a technical perspective.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the secure design and implementation of new system, applications, and infrastructure.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the disaster recovery and business continuity plans, ensuring the availability and integrity of critical systems and data.
- Assist with driving improvements to the information security stack through means such as tool consolidation and/or automation.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the technology teams and other stakeholders on security related matters.
- Conduct secure awareness training programs and educate employees on best practices for information security and data protection.
- Stay current with the latest security technologies, trends, and vulnerabilities, and provide recommendations for improving the organization’s security posture.
- Document and maintain comprehensive security documentation, including policies.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
• BS degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent experience
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years of relevant security experience
- Experience with Cloud hosted systems, specifically AWS
- Experience with securing a hybrid workforce
- Experience implementing and managing information security tooling across Microsoft Windows, MacOS, and Linux platforms
- Knowledge of security and encryption protocols
- A breadth of experience across information security tools, technologies, and methods
- Knowledge of securing networks, systems,
- Knowledge of network security and networking technologies, and application architectures
- Project management or organizational skills
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- High energy, positive attitude, professional, and mature
- Excellent problem solver
- Ability to interface positively with customers, peers, and management
- Ability to prioritize work without impacting quality of deliverables
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction or supervision
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. If you are a candidate with a disability in need of an accommodation or assistance in the application process, please contact 203.453.3999. For more information regarding equal opportunity employment, refer to the EEO is the Law poster (Spanish version here), Clarity's EEO Policy, as well as the Pay Transparency Non-discrimination Provision.