Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
At Clarity, we pave the way to a seamless solution for healthcare document management for our clients, as they navigate through the evolving healthcare industry and increase member engagement.
- Competitive compensation.
- A full benefits suite including Medical/Dental & Vision plans.
- 401k with company match.
- A supportive and growth-oriented culture.
- Remote work options.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for safe and accurate operation of Die-Cutting, Labeling, Tip-On and/or Inserting equipment. This position utilizes various programs and equipment, both proprietary and third party to deliver quality products. The Production Supervisor utilizes complex product configurations together with various equipment to ensure all jobs on the daily schedule are produced based on Clarity Output Solutions (COS) specifications. This position works closely with the Production Manager to assist in the set up and execution of all daily tasks in the Production Department. The Production Supervisor provides leadership to their team by assisting in the distribution and delegation of workloads and providing support to ensure that the team meets production goals. This position is a security role and will be given access to Clarity’s System and network and thus is responsible to assure proprietary and PHI information remain protected in digital and hardcopy form. The Production Supervisor reports to the Production Manager.
- Assists with training new and current Production Associates.
- Trains other associates on how to read job tickets and clarifies the instructions that are associated with them.
- Reviews monthly performance goals with up to 6 employees.
- Participates in ongoing strategic planning.
- Demonstrates an understanding of available resources and uses them to maximize outputs.
- Evaluates workloads and delegates work based on the availability of staff and machinery.
- Works closely with Technicians to troubleshoot and make improvements of machines to sustain high output volume levels.
- Ensures SLAs are met daily utilizing Open Cards and Open OnDemand tools.
- Leads quality control (QC), procedures and guideline initiatives within the department.
- Leads the department in adapting to increased production volumes within a short timeframe.
- Works closely with Matching and Quality departments to ensure daily jobs are completed.
- Encourages team to proactively seek out defective materials.
- Supports the Production Manager with set-up, coordination, and clean-up of jobs.
- Verifies the quality of outbound goods is consistent with COS QC standards.
- Uses a scanner and computer to check all jobs into proprietary COS software through the QC Check-In tool.
- Sets-up, operates, and troubleshoots various machines within the department.
- Possesses a keen understanding of complex equipment and software. Maximizes equipment capabilities.
- Assists with general machine repairs and maintenance and trains associates on proper maintenance techniques
- Takes part in new product development and tests machine capabilities.
- Works cooperatively with other departments to help achieve manufacturing goals.
- Assists in light handiwork/maintenance/cleaning as needed.
- Performs general housekeeping including general upkeep both in and outside of the facility, trash/waste removal, and general assistance.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- 3-5 years of previous machine operation required, preferably in a mail production environment.
- 1-3 years of leadership experience required.
- Proficient understanding of mailing/printing industry terminology.
- Basic math and reading skills required.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of navigating web browsers and MS Office 2013 Applications including Excel required.
- Planning and people management skills required.
- Demonstrates an ability to adapt to increased production volumes within a short timeframe.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Works well both individually and as a team.
- Responds positively to the demands of a constantly evolving work environment.
- Possesses the heart of a teacher. Willing to share knowledge with others.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Leads by example by showing dedication to the COS team, and a commitment to growing their team in both an individual, team, and professional capacity.
- Has a safety conscious mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong desire to be more, learn more, grow more.
- Quality oriented and focused.
- Ability to safely lift up to 35lbs.
- Ability to safely lift up to 70lbs (die cutting department).
- Ability to safely push/pull up to 100lbs.
- Ability to stand on concrete floor for long periods of time.
- Must be able to walk, stoop, kneel, twist, and bend freely.